Thursday, May 20, 2010

Blogging at the Farm

Since I have not had internet access or cell phone service for four days, here are my delayed thoughts...

Sunday, May 16

I just met my 18 month old cousin Joshua for the first time. The child is blabbing all over the place, almost walking and is a chipper young fellow. Babies have a thing for me, I’m not sure what it is, but he took to me right away. Heni said he’s teething as well. Everytime he wakes up, he’s excited. Growing, learning. It’s exciting for him.
And I said right back: “Like college students. They’re growing and teething too. Just in grown up ways.” Funny, how people develop the ways they do, no matter the age.
I used to be so tired from school. Now it’s refreshing. Learning is exciting. I’m so not “over school.” Bring it on.


On a side note, this is the first time I’ve been to the farm in over a decade. It’s peaceful. There’s time to think. I haven’t had that in a while. Well, at least not the cluttered thinking time I usually have. The cousins are here. I haven’t seen them in ages. I love how May brings people to the farm. The peacocks are out honking and running around. A fire ant already bit me on a toe. The birds are chirping. Gumbo is brewing on the stove for dinner tonight. I think the crew is going canoeing tomorrow.

Actually, on second thought, the peacocks sound exactly like the …whatchamacallit birds from “Up!”. Emily always talks about hunting them, as a joke. Because they don’t exist.

And here are some epically awesome quotes from some epic women.

Tuesday, May 18

Me: “Grandma, Aunt Milldred called. She wanted to know if you needed anything from the liquor store?”

Wednesday, May 19

Grandma: "No one gets rid of their bad boy."

No comments:

Post a Comment