Sunday, October 17, 2010

Crying.

How weird is it to cry?
How weird is it to cry more than once a day? Only if it's for one second.

I cried twice today.
1. I missed someone.
Ok. I'm glad I'll see that person soon.

2. I felt overwhelmed.
...and then I told myself to woman up and get to it. Nothing happens without initiative.

But has our society become so desensitized to the emotion attached with crying - whether it be sad or feeling helpless - or has society enforced the perception that crying signifies weakness and we should only show strength? Maybe a combination of both.

Eff it. I cry a lot. If something is sweet, if something is sad, if empathy overcomes me, if there is injustice.

Would I be saying this if I was male? Who knows. Probably not.
So funny to me how it works this way.
But does it 'work'?

Doubtful.

No comments:

Post a Comment